- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always burn candles on a heat resistant surface. Candle holders may become hot and damage furniture. A good heat resistant surface can be made from a ceramic tile (cover bottom with felt to protect furniture).
- Keep all burning candles away from children and pets.
- Position candles away from flammable objects (curtains, fabrics etc).
- Place freestanding candles in a shallow dish or bowl to catch the wax in case of a blowout.
- Do not burn candles to the very bottom.
- To avoid black marks on a shelf or wall make sure the candle is positioned away from the wall and without a shelf too close above it.
- To remove black marks from the candle glass, extinguish the candle and wipe the glass with a dry cloth. Make sure the wick is upright and allow the candle to solidify. Trim the wick to 5mm and relight the candle.